Saturday, May 19, 2007

How I come up with Names.

Ok B Strong called me out not long ago about my dogs name. You see when we knew our puppy was born and we needed to come up with a name we had many on the list. But alas we could not decide....but we had just received our tickets to the up coming Bob Seger concert (see my post about the concert below). Well we kicked it around for a few minutes and Seger it was.....and his nickname around the neighborhood is Seger Bobby.....what can I say..

OK, this is where I will probably get into trouble....

Before we had Seger and before we had Nash we got a new puppy that was a beautiful black lab...we got him as a puppy also and with out hesitation I named him Rudy after the movie Rudy of Notre Dame fame. Love the movie, respect the man and I have been a huge ND fan all my life....Ok here it comes...

If you talk to Mauzy she will give you all kinds of stories about Nash's name.....it came from the poet Ogden Nash.....we grew up like Crosby, Stills and Nash....oh ya Young was in there for a time also....But the truth is I was always a big Miami Vice fan so when Don Johnson starred in Nash Bridges I was hooked on that show also. I mean how could you not....Don Johnson, Cheech Marin and a yellow Cuda to boot. Well I decided during the name search that Nash sounded like a great name for a middle linebacker for the Irish. Mauzy was not sold for a long time....but as we progressed thru the pregnancy I kept calling him Nash and Nash man until one day it finally stuck and she started calling him Nash also......and for those the know the Nash Man....it really fits him......just the other day we were leaving school and he looked at one of the other girls and said....Hey baby....

Oh ya, and to top it off...we signed up for 1st grade flag football today...

Peace Dude.

2 comments:

Kim Ayres said...

Nash definitely has an Amercian twang to it. I've never met anyone in the UK called Nash, but it suits your lad well

BStrong said...

You got lucky with the name Nash. I bet your wife will be keeping a close eye on you the next time someone or something needs to be named.

I had my suspicions about your sons name, but not from Nash Bridges.