Friday, May 04, 2007

I'm not a buyer, I'm a seller.......Not today!



Forget my current title of CEO at heart and soul I am a salesman. I started my work career working for my Dad in the restaurant business and then started my career as a professional in sales after college. And not to sound arrogant but I am pretty darn good at it.

Jan always gives me grief about the fact that I never ever get sucked in by the sales pitches the she would fall for if I was not there. As an example I am one of those people that would go to a hard sell time share promo for the freebie and actually enjoy watching them try to close me. I know I am weird.

Well that all flew out the window today when I picked Nash up from his afternoon Kindergarten class. We had been notified that they were taking pictures at school for the class graduation composite...how cute. Well we have already had class pictures taken twice this year and a family portrait. I told Jan lets just choose to let them take his picture for the class but we won't send any money for more. All is cool....right.

So I cruise in to pick up Nash today and on our way out the lady from Teddy Bear Portraits asked if I wanted to look at Nash's pictures. I said that we only had his picture taken for the class picture. She said I know but we went ahead and took some so we could give Nash this free gift (you see she heard me call him Nash). At this point she handed Nash a really cool art apron with his picture on it for him to use in class. Then she whipped out a whole group of sheets of pictures including the ones above.

Well bottom line when it was over I paid $95 for an art apron but got some really great pictures for free.

What a sucker.......


Peace Dude!

5 comments:

Kim Ayres said...

When they get you emotionally, they've got you. You know that one!

Jeff said...

Kim

Don't we know it and I can tell you I have never bought much of anything based on emotion until I became a Dad. But man when it comes to Nash I just about fall for anything anymore...

Jan Steck Huffman said...

Daddy, Mommy said she found a great deal on some master bedroom furniture. You better talk to her. Love, Nash

BStrong said...

We'll give you a pass on this one. Great picture though.

Sorry Jeff, it looks like you're going to be making a pitstop at the furniture store. Before buying ask your wife to make a sales pitch to you on the benefits of a new bedroom set.

Jeff said...

Nash-- Momma is gonna have to do some selling on that item.\

B - my guess is when it's all said and done we will get new furniture....but it won't be one of the first six she see's that she falls in love with and has to have.....lol