Well gang I am a bit worn out as I have been looking at this for hours. But a few quick points.
1. Good stuff but why did it take until today to share it with us?
2. It says full funding, but clearly calls for 40% of the additional cost of special education. IDEA originally called for 70% of the additional cost. While I applaud the idea of the funding I disagree with calling it full funding.
3. Where is the money coming from......cutting the fat in gov't? McCain is a Maverick but since 1975 we have not been able to cut the fat to fund IDEA. Why after all these years in DC can McCain change it now?
4. Governor Palin rolled this out this morning and in McCains speech this afternoon he clearly called for a freeze on funding for all federal programs. So which is it?
5. Governor Palin on Wednesday said she does not support Colorado's effort to raise sales tax to increase funding.
The good news is this is the most talk the disability community has had in a long long time. But we need a real policy with solid funding for IDEA and for post secondary, employment, housing and services for adults. We have a long way to go but I think we are heading in the right direction.
Bottom line I have to hear more detail.