The 2008 presidential race is in full swing. Fundraising is at an unbelievable level with mega millions of dollars being rasied to wage mud slinging on a whole new level. How many millions are we going to see wasted on negative ads, so called non connected groups spending millions for the campaigns so the campaigns and the candidates can deny deny and deny one more time. What could we do with all those millions of dollars wasted on attack ads?
1. Fully fund the Individuals with Disabilites Education Act?
2. Fully fund No Child Left Behind (or just dump it)?
3. Actually help fund Medicaid waivers around the country?
4. Fix the issues at Walter Reed Hospital?
5. Give half the condidates a million dollars to go home and never speak in public again?
As for me I am paying close attention to Rudy and Barack and waiting to see if I can cast a vote for someone that will actually get in office and make things happen with out all the bickering, fighting and name calling that has become the way of politics in Washington, state and local politics.