Saturday, October 20, 2007

Time Flies!

Thursday night I took Nash to a party. It was at this new place here in town that has those huge bounce houses and slides. I think all the boyz had a really good time.

At one point I was watching Nash go flying up this ladder like thing up to the top of one of the bounce houses and then fling himself down the slide with the rest of his buddies.

It was about then that I got a shit eating grin on my face. Ok now admit it you all know exactly what kind of grin that is. It's kinda proud, kind silly but must of all it's kind of a "I told you so" smile. Why the grin?

Well I was thinking back to when Nash was born and all of the fears I was filled with. All the medical info saying he could not do this and that. I spent much time wondering if Nash would be able to do this or that. He had to have Physical Therapy for low tone and all this stuff to help him with his delay's. I worried....would my son ever be able to hold himself up, walk, run, jump, play ball. Would he this or that....would his x-ray be ok so he could ride a horse...oh it was...ect. Many of you know what I am talking about.

Back to the grin....The grin came from the standpoint that Nash physically is doing great. He walks, he runs, he jumps, he tackles and some things he is not supposed to do. But more importantly he had played T-ball and just finished flag football within the regular leagues.

And this party was the celebration of the end of Flag Football Season. It was Nash and the rest of the GUYS from the team. They were running, jumping, flipping, climbing and more. There were no be carefuls, Nash can't do this or Nash can't do that and no looks from any parents....you see he had won them all over during the season. I mean hey he completed one of the three completed pass's all season and loves playing center and can even long snap.

So here was inclusion at it's finest....Nash was having a great time and Down syndrome was never brought up....he was just one of the guys! And no one paid attention one way or another.

How damn cool is that.


Peace Dude.

8 comments:

Kim Ayres said...

Damn cool, Jeff, damn cool.

Kei said...

I know those grins.

Nash is one cool kid. sounds like a really fun party.

Archie said...

I've got a shit eatin' grin on my face right now.
Go Nash!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Thanks for sharing a wonderful moment.

All 4 My Gals said...

:) I can see it now!

Tom said...

Great to read this, man. Gives me some hope for my own son. Cheers.

AZ Chapman said...

happy halloween I love the hagrid custume I wish my dad dressed up

Jeff said...

Hey Gang

Thanks for all the great comments, and sorry I have been absent.

Peace