Saturday, May 13, 2006

Rainy Saturday Reflections

Well it is a very cool and rainy day here in Indiana and instead of being at our Saturday t-ball game we are all at home. This particular rainy day in Indiana is kind of a big deal as it's Pole day at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for the Grand Daddyof them all the Indianapolis 500. There will probably be no engines running today. so we will hope for tomorrow.

Being home this morning has given me a rare chance to update my blog. It has been quite awhile since I have had that chance. It is hard to believe that it is almost a year since I assumed the CEO position at Janus. What a year it has been and we have made many accomplishments and continue down our path of massive change at break neck speed. I was reflecting as I looked in the mirror today and noticed that one year later I am a little thinner around the waistline, a little thinner on the top of my head and a lot more silver has invaded my haif. I hope that all means I am a little wiser this year.

Nash has also kept me very busy this year. During the winter we took up gymnastics every Saturday morning which he really enjoyed and was pretty darn good at also. It was great to see him learn and improve every single week and I was amazed at the things all of the kids in his class were able to accomplish. I will always remember the smile on his face the day he made it across the balance beam all by himself. It was great.....

Spring brought to us a new sport challenge. It's baseball season and Nash plays on the Carolina MudCats of the Noblesville Youth Baseball League. He is playing with a group of other 5 year olds and what a fun way to spend Tuesday nights for practice and Saturday mornings for games. They have all advanced on their hitting skills and now understand they need to let one person get the ball and not tackle each other trying to get the ball themselves.

Well time to run for now....off to help my future brother in law move some furniture.

2 comments:

Jan Steck Huffman said...

Honey, you are not only wiser, you are better looking each day. And what a DAD!! love you!

BStrong said...

We all need to slow down a bit to reflect, that's what rainy days are for. I can relate to the thinning and gray hair however, my waistline has grown just a bit. Happy to hear that everyone is well.

Cheers,
BStrong